AI-powered marketing tools are infinitely smarter than their predecessors.
Traditional marketing tools use human-generated algorithms that tell machines what to do. But with AI marketing tools, machines can define their own algorithms, create personalized consumer experiences at scale, and generate greater ROI on campaigns.
The upshot, according to the AI Marketing Institute, is that AI marketing tools can “reduce costs by intelligently automating data-driven and repetitive tasks and accelerate revenue by improving their ability to make predictions at scale.”
In this guide, we’ll look at some of the best AI-powered marketing tools for different use cases—including Generative AI for content and language generation, SEO, retention, and competitive analysis.
What Is an AI-Powered Marketing Tool?
An AI-powered marketing tool uses artificial intelligence technology to enable automated decisions. The software or platform collects, analyzes, and interprets enormous volumes of data and market trends to develop a marketing output based on buyer behavior.
AI technologies include:
- Machine learning (ML)
- Deep learning
- Computer vision
- Speech and image recognition
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Natural language generation (NLG)
AI-powered marketing tools can augment your marketing team, generating automated decisions at impossible speed.
What Are the Benefits of AI-Powered Marketing Tools?
AI-powered marketing tools have many benefits, but the most important is speed. AI marketing platforms can rapidly process large amounts of data gathered from various digital sources, such as social media and emails, and deliver actionable insights for marketing teams to implement.
Harness first-party data
AI-powered marketing tools can help you unlock the value of your first-party data. For example, Persado leverages a unique form of first-party data, Language Profiles, learning and segmenting your customer data until you know precisely what messages resonate, engage and motivate your customers.
Personalize at scale
Customers expect personalized experiences from brands. And AI marketing platforms are emerging as the only scalable way of providing hyper-personalized communications and experiences for customers.
Companies can better understand customer behavior and buying habits using AI-powered marketing tools. It’s how Netflix recommends what to watch, and Instagram suggests which posts to read.
Likewise, Persado uses AI to personalize language at scale, at every touchpoint in the customer journey, to deliver a personalized customer experience.
Case study: Vanguard uses Persado’s motivation AI platform to personalize customer messaging and boost conversion rates by 15%.
Save time and money
AI-powered marketing tools help businesses save time and money. After an initial investment, the software lets companies work quickly, accurately, and efficiently without hiring additional staff to plow through mountains of data. Your employees can then focus on more crucial tasks.
Improve data management
In addition to micro-segmentation, marketers can deliver the right content at the right time to engage customers at the right moment.
AI-powered marketing tools can also process enormous amounts of unrelated data to help businesses better understand their customers. Marketers can use these insights to produce personalized content and offers.
Run more tests faster
Marketing teams are no longer restricted to A/B split testing. For example, Persado’s Experimentation Engine evaluates thousands of permutations by testing just a few representative combinations. These multivariate experiments are 1,000 times more efficient and faster than A/B testing.
Case study: Emirates NBD used Persado to test carousel ad sequencing, content formatting and emotional language to boost customer engagement by 133%.
Optimize content in minutes
Because AI marketing software can process vast amounts of data, marketers can optimize content in minutes. For example, they can:
- Determine which topics and keywords will engage their target audience.
- Create the right mix of content for different audiences.
- Select which geographic regions to target.
- Publish content at the right time.
AI marketing platforms can also help brands improve SEO by automatically optimizing online content and maintaining brand consistency by standardizing content use.
Increase customer engagement
Using AI for marketing allows brands to increase customer engagement and loyalty, creating more high-value customers (LTV).
It’s impossible for humans to produce enough content for every customer communication, message, and campaign and have an impact at scale.
But AI marketing tools can select and predict the content that will drive engagement and value. For example, Persado messages produce an average 41% uplift in customer engagement.
Increase marketing ROI
AI marketing tools provide deep customer insights and show you what your buyers want. They can also group warm leads, move them through the buyer journey, and convert them into customers.
This efficiency allows brands to increase their marketing ROI by maximizing the information they produce without wasting money on ineffective campaigns.
16 Top AI-Powered Marketing Tools for 2022
Here are 16 AI marketing tools you can start using today to crunch vast volumes of data and quickly create automated decisions.
Persado: Motivation AI Generative AI platform that enables personalized communications at scale
Humana, American Express, Expedia, Verizon, JPMorgan Chase, Dropbox.
Persado is enterprise-level Generative AI for language that delivers multi-channel content at scale. Its Motivation AI Platform uses advanced machine learning and deep transformer models to generate language so personal that individuals feel as if the brand knows them personally and can predict exactly what messaging will motivate them to engage and act.
Persado’s messaging outperforms control copy 96% of the time and generates consistently high conversion rates and revenue growth.
- Language Profiles: Personalize messages and drive engagement with a new type of first-party customer data.
- Proprietary decision engine: Refines language based on user response data, and automates experiments across channels.
- Customer motivation knowledge base: A massive dataset of 1.2B consumers with over 100B interactions empowers business to understand what motivates consumers to act.
- Natural language understanding (NLU) model: Parses your content and builds a unique language model based on the tone and voice of your brand.
- Natural language generation (NLG): Create hyper-personalized one-to-one communications that are optimized for the most important elements such as emotions, narratives and formatting.
- Experimentation engine: Uses the experimental method and statistical learning algorithms to model the performance of thousands of language and creative permutations.
- Predictive engine: Picks concepts and phrases predicted to drive maximum impact based on just a few content variations.
- Customer data platform (CDP) integration: Activates the data in your CDP to connect people and segments with the language and message that resonates most with them.
- Analytics: View detailed audience response metrics and understand the impact of every word.
PathFactory: AI-driven content journeys
Thomson Reuters, Infoblox, Adobe, Cisco, Invoca, Druva, Sysdig.
PathFactory is a B2B content intelligence platform that removes friction from every stage of the customer lifecycle to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Real-time nurture: Connect your audience with everything they need, in the moment.
- Content engagement data: Understand whether users actually engaged with your marketing content and who engaged with it.
- Content insights: Make better marketing decisions based on the content that helps generate pipeline and revenue.
- Content activation: Remove friction from the buying journey with “always-on” content journeys that allow leads to self-educate.
- Path analytics: Provide marketers with unprecedented insight and decision support, allowing real-time campaign, channel, and content optimization.
Personalize: AI-powered customer preference tracking
Personalize is an AI-powered marketing tool that pinpoints the products and services your contacts are most interested in. The algorithm ranks the top interests of each contact in your database based on their digital footprint.
- Real-time insights: Identifies each contact’s top three interests based on metrics like time on page, visit frequency, and recency.
- Personalized campaigns: Use the data to promote the right product or service to the right individual at the right time.
- Upselling and cross-selling: Generate more revenue from your existing database.
- Personalized emails: Get 50% higher open rates and 100% higher click rates.
- Platform integration: Works with various CRM, email, and data platforms like HubSpot, Zapier, and Mailchimp.
OfferFit: AI-powered decisioning engine
Brinks Home, Engie.
OfferFit is a marketing decisioning engine that selects the best message, incentive, timing, and channel for every customer. It uses self-learning AI to automate the process of experimentation, so marketers can test and learn at a much faster pace than with A/B tests.
- Quick testing: Simultaneously test each lever (channel, incentive, creative, timing, and more).
- Personalization: Selects the best actions for each individual based on their characteristics.
- Automatic updates: Recognizes when customer behaviors evolve and adapts its recommendations.
- Platform integration: Connects seamlessly with your data systems (CRM, CDP) and activation channels (ESP, SMS).
Optmyzr: AI-powered PPC management
Volvo, Rakuten Advertising, Seer, Publicis Groupe, Velux.
Optmyzr is a PPC optimization platform for search marketing consultants, agencies, and in-house teams. It gives search marketers the tools and insights to quickly execute strategies for accounts of any size, diversity, or complexity.
- One-click optimizations: Improve account performance in a few clicks, or use the suggestions as a starting point for your own optimization.
- PPC insights: Examine your PPC data, see suggested optimizations, and immediately take action or revise your strategy.
- Enhanced scripts: Get the most powerful, fully customizable automations for Google Ads without writing a single line of code.
- Optmyzr Express: Shows you bite-sized suggestions for all of the most important aspects of your ads for continual account improvement.
- Budget optimization: Regain control of your advertising budgets, lower costs with automation, and hit monthly spending targets.
- Reporting: Monitor the performance of PPC accounts, get instant notifications when they need attention, and streamline reporting.
AdaptML by Dynamic Yield: AI-powered product recommendations
AdaptML is a self-training, deep-learning AI system that adapts the digital experience to each individual. It determines buying intent from customer data and predicts products they may be interested in.
- Email personalization: Deliver personalized email campaigns and drive click-throughs based on deep learning recommendations.
- Mobile app personalization: Increase retention, engagement, and session duration by recommending products that will drive action.
- eXPerience APIs: Deploy API-based deep learning campaigns through the server-side for increased flexibility, control, and privacy.
- A/B testing: Compare the deep learning algorithm against any other recommendation strategy to validate your results.
- Advanced reporting and analytics: Discover how additional secondary metrics impact deep learning-based experiences.
Chatfuel: AI-powered Facebook Messenger bot
Lego, Adidas, Netflix, British Airways, Nivea, Levi’s, Visa, Nissan.
Chatfuel is an AI conversational chatbot-building platform for Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and your website. The centralized no-code platform enables individuals and enterprises to create chatbots that can talk with users automatically in a human-like, conversational style.
- Automatic replies: Add keywords that people use in their questions and create automated replies for them.
- Live chat: Talk to your customers when there’s an inquiry that the bot can’t answer.
- Lead management: Build flows to capture, segment, qualify, and export leads from the Chatfuel interface.
- Feedback: Send questions right after a purchase and examine the results.
- Customer retention: Announce new products and updates to retain existing customers.
AlbertAI: Marketing strategy analysis
Dole, Red Balloon, Natori, Crabtree & Evelyn, Interactive Investor, Telenor.
Albert is an AI marketing platform that plugs into your existing paid search, social, and programmatic accounts and operates them. The self-learning software autonomously plans, executes, tests, and optimizes every aspect of paid digital campaigns across channels.
Key AI marketing features:
- Impact: Gives you complete visibility as Albert manages campaigns in your existing search, social and programmatic accounts.
- Plans: Structure, ad variations, and keyword grouping.
- Builds: Campaigns, ad groups, audiences, budget allocation.
- Optimizes: Media/keywords, audiences, schedule, budgets, bids.
- Campaign evolution: Uses sophisticated, multivariate calculations to test and learn at speed and scale.
- Holistic insights: Reports discoveries and offers suggestions for items beyond Albert’s “AI guardrails,” that require human intervention.
Bloomreach: AI-driven commerce personalization
Bosch, Staples, T-Mobile, Puma, HD Supply, OluKai.
The Bloomreach Commerce Experience Cloud provides a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth.
- Engagement: Combines the power of a customer data platform (CDP), email, messaging, ads, artificial intelligence, marketing automation, and web personalization, so you can create marketing campaigns across channels that drive revenue.
- Discovery: Integrates AI-powered site search, optimized content, best practice recommendations, and product merchandising to deliver the best results to your customers.
- Content: Manage your storefront and add products directly to pages with powerful APIs and software to increase your revenue.
Howler AI: Automated PR campaigns
Instacart, Taskade, Dos Toros, Rumblr.
Howler is an AI-powered outreach tool that sends personalized handwritten pitches to relevant journalists to improve your chances of getting featured. Each list of journalists is determined algorithmically based on what they’ve written about before.
- Journalist pitch: Optimizes human-created journalist pitches for clarity and relevance.
- Journalist outreach: Uses AI to match your campaign with hundreds of journalists based on what they’ve written about, what they’ve tweeted about, and where they write.
- Sprint campaigns: Start quick, automated campaigns with no strings attached, and cancel them if the ROI is not there.
- Iterative campaigns: Pitch copy every month based on journalist feedback.
- Comprehensive reports: View a list of ideal journalists plus their email open and reply rates.
Yext: AI-assisted review management
Samsung, People’s United Bank, Fazoli’s, Cox, First Financial.
Yext Reviews allows you to monitor and respond to customer reviews across the Yext Knowledge Network using several intelligent response methods. It also helps you generate authentic, first-party reviews for your locations, people, and products.
Key AI marketing features:
- Review monitoring: View, filter, label, and analyze your online customer reviews.
- Review response: Respond to your reviews from the Yext platform.
- Review analytics: Analyze your reviews using dashboards, insights, competitive intelligence, sentiment analysis, and more.
- Review generation: Request authentic first-party reviews by sending invitations to your customers through the Yext platform.
- Intelligent review response: Respond to reviews in an effective and scalable way with text scripts and dynamic templates.
Unmetric: AI-powered competitive intelligence
General Motors, Prudential, HomeAway, the Chicago Bulls, GroupM, Ogilvy.
Unmetric is an AI-powered social media benchmarking platform that helps your team make real-time decisions by comparing, benchmarking, and analyzing your competitors’ strategies.
- Competitive benchmarking: Improve your social strategies by understanding what works and what doesn’t.
- Competitor monitoring: “Listen” for keywords and phrases to see what your competitors are doing on social.
- Competitor tracking: Follow your competition’s every move on social and check what they did previously.
- Content ideation: Find inspiration, discover concepts, and explore possibilities for your brand’s content.
- Automatic reporting: Save time, reduce the monotony of manual reporting, and check your social KPIs quickly.
Rasa.io: AI-based email personalization
Agency Pure, Sidecar, ASAE, Fidelity Bank, Align, ISRI, ESPN Radio.
Rasa.io is an AI-powered email marketing platform that delivers a personalized and custom newsletter to your subscribers.
Key AI marketing features:
- Personalization: Start connecting with each person on your list with unique content tailored to their interests. Segment down to the individual and customize their journey.
- Automation: Customize the frequency, day, and time that your newsletter goes out.
- Metrics: Start sending custom newsletters and watch your open and click rates soar.
- Insights: Learn about your subscribers and their unique interests, not just your audience as a whole.
- Integration: Connect your other business tools such as Salesforce and HubSpot in just a few quick clicks.
LivePerson: AI-enhanced multichannel communication
HSBC, Orange, GM Financial, Virgin Atlantic, IBM, Lancôme, RBS.
LivePerson’s Conversational AI platform lets you create meaningful, personalized connections with your customers in commerce and customer service settings.
Key AI marketing features:
- AI and automation: Increase the speed at which your brand gets to market with natural language understanding (NLU) intent models and automations.
- Understanding: Ensure consumers feel seen, heard, and valued by gaining a deeper understanding of them.
- Consumer channels: Connect with consumers in their messaging channels and provide relevant, personalized content.
- Sentiment analytics: Quantify your customer relationships to understand how people feel about your brand over time.
- Reporting: Get a quick view of market trends and benchmark your brand against others in your vertical with out-of-the-box analytics.
6Sense: Know who’s ready to buy (before the competition) with Revenue AI™
Cisco, Cognizant, Dell Technologies, Reuters, Shell.
6sense Revenue AI™ eliminates the costs of missed opportunities and mistimed deals by pinpointing accounts that matter most. This application drives predictable revenue growth by uncovering anonymous buyers, understanding their behavior, and directing their customers to engage with prospects most likely to buy.
Key AI marketing features:
Knowledge: Curates the most relevant B2B dataset available
Platform integration: Leverages complimentary applications such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach, SalesLoft, and others
Pipeline intelligence: Remove the guesswork from building quality pipeline by using real-time data and AI to forecast your pipeline
Revenue capture: Accurately match buying signals to accounts across devices, channels, and locations
Optimizely: AI-powered A/B testing and optimization
H&M, PayPal, Zoom, Toyota, Vodafone.
Optimizely provides A/B testing and multivariate testing tools, website personalization, web content management, and digital commerce. Their customers gain valuable insights into the methodology of A/B testing by comparing different versions to achieve better conversion goals.
Key AI marketing features:
Take control of content: Plan, create, and publish attention-catching content; manage the entire content lifecycle
Continual testing: Run experiments, generate insights, and optimize user experiences across the board
Ready to go: Out-of-the-box convenience and built-in flexibility
Automation: Automatic tagging across a brand’s entire content catalog
Which AI Marketing Tools Are Right for Your Business?
Successful marketing depends on the quality of your content. Persado’s Motivation AI Platform works behind the scenes to optimize your content for the best results.